This blog updates at least weekly on any of the days below with the topics as follows:
On a Monday-Maniac Mondays = All Things that are All Things! Generally thoughts, ideas or tools we think can be useful to the personal or professional life.
On a Thursday-Tumultuous Thursdays = All Things Metaphysical
On a Friday-Funtastic Fridays = All Things Fun! (cartoons, stories about the Purple Elephant and the Little mouse...)
Studious Saturdays = All Things about the craft of fiction writing. Also we will give you little snippets about how our fantasy fiction novel in progress is going. Sometimes this can be told as a cartoon. We will be doing nanowrimo this year as well.

Also our Advent calendar will be happening this year as usual! Look for an interesting and new format!

For My Reincarnation Series

Share This!

Sunday 22 March 2009

President Obama-How Does Your Garden Grow?


How My Garden Grows...


According to my friends on Intent President Obama or the Obamas intend to plant a vegetable garden ...see the Intent of one of the members Dana Shields here. So I got excited when I heard this news from Dana as I've been doing my own vegetable garden plus sunflowers and I thought...hmmm...this is great!:

"Oh my! So now I can also ask Obama...How Does His Garden Grow! ? :)
"Maybe I should go up to him and ask him if he visits the island for the Summit of the Americas and then invite him to see mines! Pastel girl scarecrows and all Im sure his daughters will love my not so scary scarecrows like so many kids seem to! :)"


And...

You think he'll like my sunflowers...suraj mukhi?


Apparently the source behind all this is the website http://www.eattheview.org who won a competition as below:
"Eat the View also won the Grand Prize in the OnDayOne.org contest where citizens are helping to set a positive, global agenda for President Obama."


And they have asked President Obama to replant a Victory Garden on the White House lawn. Apparently the first Victory Garden goes back to the time of FDR's presidency when Eleanor Roosevelt insisted there be such a garden! :)

So I've been thinking if President Obama does come to the Summit of the Americas here in Trinidad in a few weeks time...and I had the chance to go up to him and ask him one question it would be:

"President Obama how does your garden grow?"

You think it would embarass my Prime Minister...does he have a garden in his new TT$100 million plus residence? Honorable Patrick Manning sir...Do you a garden grow? And what of Hazel does she from a garden fresh tomatoes pick? I'm curious I'd like to know! :)


Me and relatives planting seedlings

Anyway Hats off to you President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama...I'd like to know...How does your garden grow? :)

No comments: