This blog updates at least weekly on any of the days below with the topics as follows:
On a Monday-Maniac Mondays = All Things that are All Things! Generally thoughts, ideas or tools we think can be useful to the personal or professional life.
On a Thursday-Tumultuous Thursdays = All Things Metaphysical
On a Friday-Funtastic Fridays = All Things Fun! (cartoons, stories about the Purple Elephant and the Little mouse...)
Studious Saturdays = All Things about the craft of fiction writing. Also we will give you little snippets about how our fantasy fiction novel in progress is going. Sometimes this can be told as a cartoon. We will be doing nanowrimo this year as well.

Also our Advent calendar will be happening this year as usual! Look for an interesting and new format!

For My Reincarnation Series

Share This!

Sunday 11 January 2009

My Sunflowers Story!- Do Things Just Manifest When We Truly Follow Our Hearts?

Sunflowers - Free Pictures at Agriculture Stock Photos.com
By Bruce Fritz and thanks for the free non-commercial use.

I have not shared it so far on my blogs but late last year one of the Questions of the Day on Intent.com posed by Dave Traeger went like this:

What is you Dream Job?

and it really made me think so I'm glad Dave asked it. One of things I realised I wanted to do was gardening. Although when I was a bit younger I thought it was something only older, bored people do...but in recent years (dunno it could just be I am slowly but surely falling into that category!)I've felt like it must be the most loveliest of things to do...to feel your hands in the soil...to be at the center or what will eventually nourish you in the form of food. I've for about five years now really wanted to have an elaborate home garden set up at least for starters and who knows from there...At first my mum was interested in planting but she mostly liked to do the flowers and I kept urging her to do vegetables too or mostly instead cause they had pretty colours too and they were sustenance as well not just decorations! Of course you can have the one or two flowers here and there for good cheer too no doubt! Anyway my mum kinda listened on and off but just isnt strong enough to keep up with gardening full time at her age anyway. So...we've on and off had things...But then I started to think I can do it too! But never have...but here was my response to Dave's question:

What is you Dream Job?

'I also want to be a vegetable farmer of course it just means I can start my own garden cause where I currently live I do have the space for it...but I dont have the physical strength/stamina or where with all etc...I think I just like the idea of the finished product like picking fruit digging in the earth and pulling up your own food etc....but I'm not game for all the additional work it would take to be your own gardener from scratch...so perhaps what I need is to hire someone to assist me and then do the polished part of the gardening...hmm...there's a thought...but good help so hard to find...hmm I'm also thinking that if I start off slowly it could be good exercise and eventually I just might build the stamina too...'

So guess what a few weeks ago I decided I was going to do some organic farming and when I tried to find out about organic farming in the tropics I found this blog run by a Trinidadian woman - A Caribbean Garden it really inspired me further and she gave me all this good advice! She is quickly becoming The Oracle of Gardening for me! She gave me all this advice on 'to what in my garden grow!:)' and I decided on vegetables and herbs which I will let you know more about it subsequent blogs but I also got Sunflower seeds to have those around to cheer me up! :)

So this was my first time thinking about Sunflowers in a long time cause I really like them they are my favourite flowers and as we all know so useful too as a flower as it is not just decorative but can be used for its oils! But even if it were just decorative it would be my fav! So was my first thought about it in years! Although a few years ago I had bought some seeds and my mum had planted some of them for me but she didnt plant them deep enough or anchor them in any other way so the wind blew them down easily...a point I will have to note on this new planting expedition. But yep then shortly after I bought the seeds online which are yet to be shipped I go on to Elspeth Duncan's post on her blog and I see flowers! Immediately I think of Sunflowers cause she didnt plant sunflowers but she called her post Sunny side up. Here are my comments there:
'That's nice... I personally like sunflowers but once my mummy planted up some seeds I bought and they blew down when they grew up...I've gotten some more in the batch I bought two days ago so looking forward to getting the seeds and seeing them bloom soon...will need to find a way to keep them more grounded than how my mum did in the past...

I got the sunflowers to brighten up the whole planting fest but I'm really going to try the kitchen gardening kinda thing...tomato, sweet peppers, hot peppers, herbs and baigan. I've even found a trini blogger tropical organic farming guru! She is like the oracle of gardening! She is from Trini but now lives on another island her blog won the best gardening award for latin american or something.

You can check her out at
http://caribbeangarden.blogspot.com'


'oh I know these in the pic werent sunflowers just meant I like sunflowers as in these are flowers and they made me think of other flowers as in sunflowers and how much i like sunflowers...you know now that just made we realise that even one of my favourite perfumes are Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden'

And then just around the time of that post in work someone smelt my perfume and commented on it! Sunflowers that is...I've been wearing it for at least ten years as one of the perfumes I wear and yes I've gotten comments before but this is the first time in a long while my scent has been discussed and the person went:

"You wearing Sunflowers?"

Then I go onto Intent and they are featuring a cover story since Fri about Happiness and they choose to use pics of Sunflowers!:) and to top it off last night I went to an event and they have minimal decorations but behind the speakers there are you guessed it Sunflowers! And you have to note that Sunflowers aren't a very common used flowers here in Trinidad especially not for something like that so...!Here is the pic of those sunflowers below kind droopy as they dont do well in the tropical heat. However a field of sunflowers in North America can sometimes be intimidating like if they plan to take over the world!:

And that's it my Sunflower Story perhaps totally meaningless and just me describing a chain of coincidences that happened to me over the last two weeks or so or it is true- 'Whatever me truly love and think about manifests itself in our lives literally! or If we go with the flow which is when we find our true passions it just naturally unfolds with little or no effort on our parts?!:)' You be the judge to be honest I don't know and would love to hear what you think about this! :) So please share your thoughts...

4 comments:

Elspeth said...

Yeaaaaaars ago I also had Sunflower perfume (someone had given me as a gift) and I loved it at the time. I only like (and wear) a pure oil now though. I've always loved sunflowers (the flower now, not the perfume) ... and I agree - follow your heart. On Christmas Day 2004 I planted sunflower seeds in my garden. Guess when the first blooms came out in their glory - Valentine's Day 2005! And the did bring love for me. That example has always stood as one for me in which the following of the heart (i.e. to plant the seeds on Christmas Day) is evidence of the gifts of following the heart's calling and directive.

meadysmusings said...

cool...im irritated significantly by anais anais that I used to be able to wear before so dunno but for now I like it along with chole narcisse and something called nina 2006 not the original nina...this 2006 one smells like apples and toffee and stuff!

sunflower store said...

I really want this part of sunflower.Its seed,i really want to eat this while watching t.v.

-Aubrey

meadysmusings said...

Aubrey! LOL of all the lovely things about sunflowers...surajmukhis! But yep I guess they might just manifest!:) You should more leave snacking on seeds to the parrots though...highly calorific! Maybe just one or two...the flowers that you could see instead to me priceless! :)

Thanks for dropping by my sight visit again if you like...I love the sunflower store your link's root is set to...www.sunflowerguy.com a whole store selling only surajmukhis! And in waterable pots! :)