This blog updates at least weekly on any of the days below with the topics as follows:
On a Monday-Maniac Mondays = All Things that are All Things! Generally thoughts, ideas or tools we think can be useful to the personal or professional life.
On a Thursday-Tumultuous Thursdays = All Things Metaphysical
On a Friday-Funtastic Fridays = All Things Fun! (cartoons, stories about the Purple Elephant and the Little mouse...)
Studious Saturdays = All Things about the craft of fiction writing. Also we will give you little snippets about how our fantasy fiction novel in progress is going. Sometimes this can be told as a cartoon. We will be doing nanowrimo this year as well.

Also our Advent calendar will be happening this year as usual! Look for an interesting and new format!

For My Reincarnation Series

Share This!

Friday 18 December 2009

Advent Calendar: 17 and 18 Dec 2009-The gift of EFT-Emotional Freedom Techiques and The Infinite Divine!

Excuses...excuses...no gift on Thurs now...because...because...but...blah...blah...blah...!

But as much as I know you won't believe this...guess what happened yesterday???

I was in the kitchen having my breakfast...happy to be on a break from my vegan diet until the new year and so I had made quite the bowl of porridge...lots of milk and sweetened condensed one too...a bit too sweet and a bit too milky but at least I hadn't burnt the oats and so it was just right for me! Then as I was about to put another spoonful into my mouth...there was a knock at the door...not just once but three sharp knocks quickly in a row!...

Tap! Tap! Tap!

When I opened it...I didn't believe it either but three shepherds! All with flocks of sheep! Now my house is already filled with mice, some elephants graze nearby to my house as well as they can't fit in it...as I only have one specially sized room for my Purple Elephant of course! So where would all of them fit?...And there were already three bears to each of my spare rooms! Shepherds would not stay with bears would they? Could they?

So I asked them...but in the end...the bears agreed that they would be all part of the Christmas cheer! So they helped construct a manger! All in the course of one day!

So I was there supervising the sheep...it was where I was busy all of Thurs you see! :) In the end the three shepherds agreed it was the most comfy tricked out manager they have ever seen! (they even had computers to follow this blog!) And some of the baby sheep...lambs really...are sleeping in it with them as we speak! (time differences so they are catching up on some sleep)The rest of the flock are making friends with the elephants...dunno??? Well at least I hope so!

So was busy as any bee in my bee colony yesterday and so again did not post! But today I will be doing some big making up as the host! As I am pleased to present a blog written by my beautiful Irish friend-Noreen Barron! :) as she outlines the gift of EFT-Emotional Freedom Techniques.

But before I post Noreen's blog...here is a little bit about my additional gift for today to make up for yesterday...my explanation about what I call 'The Infinite Divine'

THE INFINITE DIVINE

Every time I look at large bodies of water all stretched out before me as far as my eyes can see...I feel the awesomeness of 'The Infinite Divine'! Some must feel it when they look at the sky...but for me it's the sea! Perhaps it is because I live on an island or I pass by a creek every day to and from work ...I don't know...but it just occurred to me that...well to my eyes this water appears infinite...and at the same time the fact that it can over power me but at the same time I can't live without it...it is a basic human need...and I'm 80% made up or it...yet I can also drown in it...well just a few days ago the words 'The Infinite Divine' came to me as an explanation for it! And I thought I'd shared that with you today...dunno...I've blogged about water before...twice already to close off the Hindu calendar year with the festival of Kartik Snan, Snaan or Nahan...either way an ode to water. So here it is again the links to those two blogs so that perhaps you might again reflect on this in terms of 'The Infinite Divine'!

-A pilgrimage in the month of Kartik

-Kartik Snan, Kartik Snaan or Karik Nahan? Either Way an Ode to the Great Element Water!

And now onto Noreen Barron's blog about EFT-Emotional Freedom Techniques for which she no doubt taps into the 'The Infinite Divine' to perfect!

EFT-EMOTIONAL FREEDOM TECHNIQUES BY NOREEN BARRON

Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease ~ Hippocrates

Throughout the ages, the energy or force that animates all life has been referred to as Prana, Qi (Chi), Ki, Ka, Pneuma, Ashe, Ha, Life Force and Spirit. Ancient healing systems such as Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine have studied and documented the effects of how this energy influences and directs the body and mind. Today we are building on this solid foundation with the developing fields of mindbody medicine, energy medicine, energy psychology and energy healing. Holistic psychiatrist Dr John Diamond refers to this animating life force as Life Energy. Life Energy is “the innate healing power of the body, and it is intimately connected with health in that whatever the symptoms of any particular illness, underneath we will always find a diminution of Life Energy. It is the Healing Power within us, the restorative powers of our own body, and the only true healing comes by raising the Life Energy.”

Some day the medical profession will wake up and realize that unresolved emotional issues are the main cause of 85% of all illnesses. When they do, EFT will be one of their primary healing tools ... as it is for me ~ Eric Robins, MD

Emotional Freedom Techniques or EFT, simply stated, is emotional or psychological acupressure. Acupressure is the act of applying manual pressure, or tapping, usually with the fingertips, on various meridians located on the surface of the body, the same meridians used in acupuncture. Meridians are the channels through which energy flows, much the same as veins and capillaries are the channels through which blood flows. Energy needs to flow freely and unimpeded through these channels, otherwise it stagnates and becomes blocked, this congested and clogged energy can eventually become so dense that it results in emotional and physical dis-ease. EFT helps to dissolve and release the energetic blocks and restores the natural flow to our Life Energy. As Dr John Diamond states “Holistic Healing always starts with the actuation of the Life Energy, the Spirit—the Healing Power Within. Only then can there be the full appreciation and joyful acceptance of the beauty and wonder of life. This and nothing less than this is True Health.”


The visible world is the invisible organisation of energy ~ Heinz Pagels, Physicist

EFT is a very elegant technique, it can be used on issues such as headaches, pain, fear of public speaking, dyslexia and it may also be employed to treat more complex, serious and chronic issues such as Multiple Sclerosis and Cancer. Very often, in treating an emotional issue successfully with EFT, a related physical ailment will disappear or diminish and the same is true when working on a physical issue, related emotional issues melt away. We all know the effect emotions can have on our physiology, when we're afraid or nervous for example, our stomachs may tense up and become knotted, our hearts may beat faster, we start to sweat and our breathing becomes shallow and fast as we take shorter breaths. As the founder of EFT, Gary Craig, states in the discovery statement of EFT “All negative emotions are caused by a disruption in the body's energy system.” EFT works on this simple, but profound, truth.

The latest discoveries in physics and cell research are forging new links between the worlds of Science and Spirit. The latest science leads us to a worldview not unlike that held by the earliest civilizations, in which every material object in Nature was thought to possess a spirit. This is the world of quantum physics, in which matter and energy are completely entangled ~ Bruce Lipton, Ph.D author of Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles

Much research has shown us that the mind and body are inextricably linked, if not one and the same. Dr Candace Pert, author of Molecules of Emotion, Why you Feel the Way you Feel, states that the body is the “outward manifestation of the mind”, and what influences and directs the mind more than the beliefs we hold about our self, others and life? These beliefs create the filter through which we view, perceive and live life. As Bruce Lipton states in Biology of Belief, "When cells band together in creating multicellular communities, they follow the 'collective voice' of the organism, even if that voice dictates self-destructive behaviour. Our physiology and behaviour patterns conform to the 'truths' of the central voice, be they constructive or destructive beliefs." Skilled use of Emotional Freedom Techniques unveils core beliefs, which can then be tapped on to help dissolve and release them. Just like poet William Blake wrote “When the doors of perception are cleansed, everything will appear to man as it is, infinite”. When we dissolve beliefs that do not serve our highest good, we too will see that we are infinite and therefore have infinite potential, possibility and power.

From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that we are here for the sake of each other - above all for those upon whose smile and well-being our own happiness depends, and also for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labours of my fellow men, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received ~ Albert Einstein

The phenomenon in which EFT often works best when we tap with others rather than alone, is evidence to many of us that we are all energetically connected. We shift more blocked energy, we perceive things differently, we don't feel so alone, we feel connected, what’s really happening in my opinion is that we are HEALING our spirits. I believe this energetic or spiritual connection is also why distance healing and surrogate EFT works. I think this quote sums it up beautifully "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire ~ Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

The founder of EFT, Gary Craig, has always held the vision of Emotional Freedom Techniques bringing us closer to who we truly are: spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around. He is also a minister for A Course in Miracles and its philosophy is embedded in the very spirit of EFT: to love and accept ourselves unconditionally EVEN THOUGH we have issues. As mentioned previously, energy is also known as spirit, so, it is in raising our Life Energy, our Spirit, with the help of EFT that we will realise what Gary Craig wrote in his recent blog announcing his retirement “the exquisite beauty that is our birthright”. Thank you Gary for your beautiful gift of spirit and peace to the world.




www.cmbm.org

3 comments:

Noreen Barron said...

Dear Babs,

I've always lived beside water too and love it (and my sign is cancer). What you've written about the infinite divine and water reminds me of Dr Masaru Emoto's work with water http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english/e_ome_home.html and the fact that the words (and thoughts and feelings of) love and gratitude produce the most beautiful water crystals. "Infinite love and gratitude" always.

I am you; you are ME. You are the waves; I am the ocean. Know this and be free, be divine ~ Sri Sathya Sai Baba

Nollaig Shona (Happy Christmas in Irish)
Noreen xx

meadysmusings said...

Dearest Noreen,

Nollaig Shona to you too! :)

You know what I find amazing...when I asked you to write this blog on EFT it was because I didnt know much about it and I wanted to learn more about it and also build our network (as I was discussing with you) by us blogging on each others blogs and following each other etc.

But never did I plan that I'd have written about the Christmas Spirit in the way I did (because I often come up with the gifts just before I write them or the writing comes out like how I'm feeling as I write) So it was in no way planned...but this is now all so connected flowing out right after I spoke about what I thought about the Christmas spirit and in the Cherry tree carol...about three great souls connecting at the moment the cherry touches Virgin Mary's hand!

And well it's so much like EFT concepts isn't it? :)

Even my whole idea of the house and all my house guests both animal and human so echoes this...but more and more this Advent season I've been contemplating...well I always know about animals and man co-existing in Hinduism...and I'm brought up Hindu...I mean just look at the 'Ramayan' story alone...

But with all the Victorian era Christmas traditions...I think the whole world can easily forget...but this Christmas I'm re-discovering it...well for sure 'The Christmas story' too is so so much about man and animals co-existing...just like my house of guests here on the calendar! :) And not intentionally at first...it seems my calendar has turned out to be such an ode to that aspect of the Christmas story! And then this whole cherry tree carol business too! :)

About the water...I think Matt Welsh blogged about what you are speaking about over on spiritual media blog once...but I will definitely check out Dr. Emoto's work some more when I have some time! :)

Hmm....its seems it's all coming together again just like I remarked over a yr ago on this blog post...
http://meadysmusings.blogspot.com/2008/11/smile-its-all-coming-together.html
And again the analogy was water!

Noreen Barron said...

Dearest Babs,

The Ocean refuses No River http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbcKO92OGNI

Love, Noreen.